We are a community of women whose purpose is to know God, to develop a supportive fellowship with each other, and to expand concepts of
Mission especially for women, children and youth. All women are welcome to get involved! We consist of four areas:
- UMW Board
- Purpose: Leads UMW, and has its own activities such as the Mother Daughter Banquet, Advent Booklets, and Prayer and Self Denial yearly.
- Meets: The first Thursday of each month from Sept.-June at 7:00p.m. All are welcome.
- Contacts: Linda Finley 410 833-9217; Joanne Ditto 410 833-1308
- Thurs. Nov. 3rd UMW Board meeting 7:00 p.m. in the library; all are welcome.; Thurs. Dec.1st at 7:00 p.m. UMW Christmas Party. All
are welcome. Phil and Darlene will be entertainment for the evening and refreshments will be served.
- We are now collecting merchandise for the Board of Child Care Auxillary Christmas Store. Donated items are sold very inexpensively
to the kids served by BCC so they can use their allowance to buy Christmas presents for their families. We especially need items for
teen girls, women, boys and men. Some examples of general items are: games, stuffed animals, sweat shirts, decorative glassware, picture
frames, candles, tee shirts, candle holders, purses, toys, knick knacks. Woman and men could also use bath and body products, hair products,
colognes, socks, ties, wallets, alarm clocks, small gadgets. Please bring items by Nov. 27th, the Sunday after Thanksgiving.
- We are also donating items to the Board of Child Care Auxillary who are collecting food items for the family Thanksgiving baskets. Our
church is donating packaged cake mix and frosing (any flavor). Please place your donations in the BCC box in the narthex by Sunday,
October 30. Contact Cindy Smith 401 833-7240 with any questions.
- Joy Circle
- Purpose: For the younger-at-heart women (typically in their 50ís and up) to promote fund-raising projects to benefit the church,
community, and global missions, and to create meaningful and warm friendships.
- Meets: The fourth Monday of each month, Sept. through May at 7:00 p.m.
- Contacts: Sherry Osborne 443 465-3231; Ida Harry 410 833-6234
- Upcoming Events: 10/24 at 6:00 p.m. in the Kitchen, we'll make chocolate pretzels for Halloween. on Nov. 28th at 6:00 p.m. in the kitchen,
we'll make choclate covered pretzels for Christmas. Come and join us! Proceeds go to local missions, or UMW for mission projects. JOY
Christmas party is on Dec. 12th at 7:00 p.m. in the parlor.
- The following items are being collected for the Women's Safe House in Carroll County: Liquid hand soap, laundry detergent, dryer sheets,
spray bleach cleaner, toilet tissue, Kleenex, Paper towels, size 4" diapers.
- Circle of Friends
- Purpose: To bring younger women of the church together to encourage fellowship, service and a deeper understanding of their spiritual being. They
are dedicated to supporting the church, the youth, and missions to women and children.
- Meets: The first Monday of each month, August through May at 7:00 p.m.
- Contacts: Patti Musial 410 857-4484; Tammy Nash 401 239-8394
- Upcoming Events: Next meeting will be: Sept.12th (due to Labor Day)
- Purpose: Open to all women, to help them grow spiritually, and to provide a community of fellowship. They offer biblical studies year around, and meet for dinner/breakfast monthly.
- Meets: Tuesday nights year around for studies; Saturday am for breakfasts; varied days for dinners.
- Contacts: Kelly Fairhurst 410 356-8695
- Upcoming Events:
- *8 week study on the Book of Revelation starting Oct.4th.
- There is a fellowship breakfast on Nov.19th at 8:30 a.m.