In the mid-1980s some of the records of Reisterstown United Methodist Church (RUMC) were provided to the Maryland State Archives as part of a project to microfilm historic records. The Archives have graciously scanned the microfilm and provided a digital image of the documents for our use. The History and Records Committee of RUMC is in the process of digitizing the rest of the membership records (baptisms, marriages, memberships and deaths). The completed volumes are listed below. You can click on the link to display the contents of each book.
Please contact the History and Records Team with inquires for information or to correct any information you may find.
Records scanned by the Maryland State Archives (click on the link to access the records):
- History of Reisterstown United Methodist Church - Helen Geist, July 1985
- Asbury Chapel Act of Incorporation - 1889
- Wesley Chapel By-Laws - 1869
- Grace Methodist Episcopal Church - Infant Baptisms - 1866-1881 (transcribed by Helen Geist)
- Reisterstown and Deer Park Church Register, 1905-1920, black cover
- Official Church Record, Historical Record of Permanent Data, Book 1, 1929-1940, green cover
- Grace Methodist Episcopal South Records, 1866-1905, black cover with Reisterstown, Maryland From 1867 to 1905
- Reisterstown and Deer Park Church Register, April 1920-1941, black cover
- Asbury Membership Records, 1911-1922, black and red cover
- West Point, Deer Park, Oakland, Reisterstown, Finksburg Parish Register, 1876-1894, red cover, multiple indices
- Reisterstown Church Record Minutes, Board of Trustees Year 1833-1926, marbled-paper cover
- Class Attendance Records, 1834-, church records, marbled-paper cover
- Reisterstown Church Class Book, 1827-, green cover
- Loose church record pages: Colored Class Membership, 1834; Class Membership 1834-1857
Records transcribed by the History and Records team:
- Clergy Funeral Records - 1981 to 2013 The information in this spreadsheet is taken from the clergy records provided by the funeral director. The information provided is different based on the funeral home; therefore, not all of the information is available for all funerals.
Reisterstown UM Church Cemetery on Find-A-Grave - The entries in Find-A-Grave have been updated based on the stone transcriptions done by Bea and Ed Geis first in the mid-1970s, reviewed in the mid-1990s and updated until about 2003. If you find any information that is incorrect, please submit a correction using the Find-A-Grave edit feature.
You can request the History and Records team research records that are not currently online by completing the form below. A message will be sent to our History and Records team and they will respond as soon as they can. Thank you