We are happy that you and your child have decided to be a part of our exciting preschool program.
For more information and registration, click http://www.rumns.com/
To help each child experience the joy of learning. Our program focuses on how children learn most effectively- through play. We offer hands-on age appropriate experiences in a loving, caring, Christian atmosphere. Our activities are designed to help your child grow intellectually, socially, emotionally, physically, and spiritually.
Over 30 years serving the Reisterstown Community!
Our nursery school has been part of the Reisterstown community since 1984. We have sent forth many generations of students ready for school and life -long learning. Our goal is to have our children go forth enthusiastically with confidence in their own abilities and ideas with a firm foundation of skills and a thirst for more knowledge.
Who We Are
We focus on learning through play, socialization, and movement. We encourage children to explore their world through all of their senses. We encourage independence, respect, and good moral character.
Our classes run from September through May.
Our Dedicated Staff:
Director: Kirstyn Hutchinson
2’s Teacher: Savannah Myers – 410-300-1162
3’s Teacher: Kirstyn Hutchinson – 410-387-9911
4’s Teacher: Ashley Bogert – 443-487-3831
Aides: Nicole Brennan and Lani Hoffmann
Registration: Lani Hoffmann 410-526-6967
All of our staff is available to answer any of your questions about our program. We invite you to email or call for more information.
2 Year olds
Tuesday & Friday 9am-11am
- Provide a supportive and safe first learning environment
- Encourage social interaction through free play, small group activities and circle time
- Introduce a structured yet flexible daily plan designed to help children transition easily from home to school.
- Provide opportunities for children to build confidence, develop creativity, and engage their curiosity
*Children do not need to be toilet trained for the 2s program. We will work with you to reinforce your plan.
3 Year olds
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday
- Provide a safe and engaging environment to encourage curiosity and self-discovery
- Encourage positive relationships between peers and adults to play and work cooperatively
- Increase language and listening skills and help children adjust to routines in the classroom
- Help children build their gross and fine motor skills in preparation for reading and writing
- Present age appropriate activities that make learning fun
4 Year olds
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
9am – 12:30pm
- Develop the skills and confidence needed for a strong foundation for kindergarten and beyond
- Enable the children to take care of their own needs, their environment and their community
- Provide an atmosphere for each child to grow and learn in their unique way
- Improve coordination and fine motor skills.
* child must be potty-trained before entering class
“I could not be happier with my son’s progress at RUMNS. We love our teachers!”