We are happy that you and your child have decided to be a part of our exciting preschool program.
For more information, click http://www.rumns.com/
Click here for registration form
To help each child experience the joy of learning. Our program focuses on how children learn most effectively- through play. We offer hands-on age appropriate experiences in a loving, caring, Christian atmosphere. Our activities are designed to help your child grow intellectually, socially, emotionally, physically, and spiritually.
Over 30 years serving the Reisterstown Community!
Our nursery school has been part of the Reisterstown community since 1984. We have sent forth many generations of students ready for school and life -long learning. Our goal is to have our children go forth enthusiastically with confidence in their own abilities and ideas with a firm foundation of skills and a thirst for more knowledge.
Who We Are
We focus on learning through play, socialization, and movement. We encourage children to explore their world through all of their senses. We encourage independence, respect, and good moral character.
Our classes run from September through May.
Our Dedicated Staff:
Becky McClure Director
Pam Horner 4’s teacher 410-833-3692
Kirstyn Hutchinson 3’s teacher 410-387-9911
Linda Cavanagh 3's aide
Suvannah Myers 2’s teacher 410-300-1162
Kirstyn Hutchinson 2's aide
Lani Hoffman 4’s aide
Mrs. Cavanagh 3’s aide
Miss Myers 2’s aide
All of our staff is available to answer any of your questions about our program. We invite you to email or call for more information.
2 Year olds - $1188 (9 payments of $132)
Tuesday & Friday 9am-11am
- Provide a supportive and safe first learning environment
- Encourage social interaction through free play, small group activities and circle time
- Introduce a structured yet flexible daily plan designed to help children transition easily from home to school.
- Provide opportunities for children to build confidence, develop creativity, and engage their curiosity
*Children do not need to be toilet trained for the 2s program. We will work with you to reinforce your plan.
Child must be 2 years old by September 1, 2016
3 Year olds- $1782 (9 payments of $198)
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday
- Provide a safe and engaging environment to encourage curiosity and self-discovery
- Encourage positive relationships between peers and adults to play and work cooperatively
- Increase language and listening skills and help children adjust to routines in the classroom
- Help children build their gross and fine motor skills in preparation for reading and writing
- Present age appropriate activities that make learning fun
* 3 year old should be potty-trained before entering school
Child must be 3 years old by September 1, 2016
$25 activity fee for 3’s class for field trips such as the pumpkin farm.
4 Year olds- $2376 (9 payments of $264)
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
9am – 12:30pm
- Develop the skills and confidence needed for a strong foundation for kindergarten and beyond
- Enable the children to take care of their own needs, their environment and their community
- Provide an atmosphere for each child to grow and learn in their unique way
- Improve coordination and fine motor skills.
* child must be potty-trained before entering class
* child must be 4 years old by September 1, 2016
$60 activity fee for 4’s class covers activities such as field trips to the symphony, nature center and museum as well as special event days such as Mother’s day lunch, pajama day and cooking activities.
Mrs. Horner has been teaching at RUMNS since 1984. She is a founding member of the Nursery School. She has a BASW from U.M.B.C and her 90 hours Early Childhood Certificate. She has had the very special opportunity to teach children of former students who are now adults with children of their own.
“I could not be happier with my son’s progress at RUMNS. We love our teachers!”